Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wedding Weekend






Mike and I made our first trip without Madeline this past weekend. One of Mike's friends from college got married. I did not think I was quite ready to leave the baby girl just yet, but I knew I would have to eventually. We made arrangements for Mike's parents to babysit. Originally we had planned on dropping her off at their house, but after they saw the uhaul we carry when we go anywhere...they decided they would just come to Abilene. They came on Friday which gave Madeline some time to get used to the idea. So we headed out to Houston early Saturday morning (the wedding was at 6:30). It was an emotional trip for both of us and after our first stop we talked about just going back home, but we kept on truckin'. We surprisingly had a pretty good time. We got on the boat around 6:00 and returned a little before midnight. We planned to get up around 6:00 a.m. instead we didn't get up till around 8:00...and got home around 3:30. I think the dogs missed us more than Madeline!

No comments:

Post a Comment