Meet Joe the turtle. Mike thought we didn't have enough animals at our house and decided to surprise Madeline with a new pet. :)
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Tonight we worked on Madeline's sandbox. Our crazy kid thought it was a good place to go "night night," which explains why she is laying down. ha!
We have a good little helper on our hands. She helped her daddy with the hammer. Her excitement resulted in a fist bump.
Now for the fun part, although it required an additional trip to Lowe's for 5 more bags of sand. If you need any sand now is the time to go because they were a $1 off the original price.
I think she likes it, but I have a feeling a lot of this is going to end up in the house.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Now that we have a presentable backyard without a dangerous in ground swimming pool, this little girl thinks she should live outside. Through out the day she runs to the door to the sunroom and wants to go outside. Sometimes it results in a tantrum with the high 90 degree temps going outside is not always an option. Every night we head out and enjoy all of the hard work put into this yard. Although it has taken about 2 years to work on, it has been worth the wait!
I know it is Wednesday, but I am just know getting around to our weekend recap. We headed to the big city of Pville to celebrate my lil' sister's 20th birthday and to have Mother's Day with my mom. I forget how much I miss the panhandle until I visit. Not only do I get to visit the family not to mention the weather is cooler and there is little humidity.
My parents bought a golf cart to cruise around the lake a few weeks back. Needless to say, Madeline LOVES cruisin' and so does my parents puppy Sadie. Madeline kept saying "car" and one of us would take her for a little ride. The nice thing is my parents live out in country with lots of room to ride around. Every time we would get in the golf cart Sadie would accompany us.
My mom knows about Madeline's love for jewelry and made her very own bracelets. Maybe she will quit wearing mine ha! She has worn them every day since she received them. She also asks for them when I am getting her dressed for the day. Is it to early for her to know the importance of accessorizing? I think not!!
As you can tell Madeline's Gramps is a softy. He took her on many rides. First thing in the morning she headed out with Gramps. Yes our child has on pajamas and bracelets... don't judge!
We had a great time with my family and really enjoyed spending time with them.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Last night while I was at a ladies Bible study, Mike was busy putting together Madeline's swing set. Today we headed to Wal-mart and picked up an infant/toddler swing since Madeline is not ready for the big swings yet. Until now she has not enjoyed swinging, but something about her new swing makes her LOVE it!!!
In case you can't tell how much fun she was having look at this pic... all smiles!
It is funny that this little girl is afraid of the swings at the park, but has no problem climbing up on a 5 ft slide. She loves going down the slide by herself and walking around the fort.
Her daddy might like it too! :)
To end her play time outside, she decided to do a little digging.
Thursday, May 12, 2011
This kid cracks me up! Maybe it has something to do with me always putting gigantic bows on her head, but I think she might feel a little naked with =out something on her head. Needless to say, she asks to wear a hat or bow every day! I am not going to lie, I am glad she likes to accessorize! :)
Lately she has shown interest in learning A LOT of new words. I can't believe how many new words this kid has picked up. Note to self, watch what you say around these sweet ears!!! Every night when she takes her bath, she lines up all of her bath toys that are animals and names each one. As you can see she has quite the assortment of animals. Not only can she say the names of each animal, she can identify them by herself. Mike and I have also been working with her on her colors and she can say most of them, but we are still working on knowing which color is which.
I love this sweet little face!!!
Monday, May 9, 2011
Madeline and I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart today after her nap. I was gathering her backpack and cart cover in the kitchen. She was in the entry, but I didn't know what she was doing. When I walked in on her this is what I found. She found a pile of my bracelets, 7 to be exact and put on each one. What you cannot tell in these pictures is that in addition to my 7 bracelets she also has on her two pearl bracelets that she received from her Granny for Easter. I am not sure what we are going to do with this girl. I guess she didn't think she had on enough jewelry!
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Sweet sweet girl, it is hard to believe you are 18 months old! You are still such joy. You seem so grown up some times with the things you say and learn. Daddy and I love you so very much and we cannot imagine life without you. You are so sweet and loving.
- You love wearing hats and bracelets.
- If I ask you if you want to get dressed you always want a complete outfit including shoes and a bow. Even if we are staying home.
- You enjoy being outside and playing on your new slide.
- You like to drag at all your toys and hand them to one of us one by one. It is like you have discovered some of your toys that you forgot you had.
- You like to make animal sounds and know about 10 animal names. You love any thing that has animals on it or in it, especially books.
- You are eating so good and you are eating food other than rice.
- We have not found a dessert you don't like yet!
- You are still skinny and petite and weigh about 23 lbs and are almost 31 inches long. You are too long for 12-18 month clothing, but too skinny for 18-24 month clothing.
- You are learning names of people in your family. You know how to say Chad, Jen Jen (Jenna), Mama, Dada, Asia, Bear (Addie), Gr Gr (Granny and Grammy), Papa, Graps (Gramps), Megan
- When you see things you know the name of, you always let us know what it is called.
- You are FINALLY getting your first molar (top right)
- When you wake up from sleeping you always want something to drink to put you in a good mood. After you drink all of it in your bed, you say hi and are happy.
- You love your babies. You think all children are babies.
- When you are asked if you want to take a nap you always respond in the sweetest voice, "play?" As though you never get to play! haha
- While in any public place, you always say hi to everyone regardless if they notice you are not. You also inform them that I am your mama and Mike is your dada.
- When you see older guys with facial hair especially beards, you think it is your Papa.
- You loved to be chased and tickled.