Monday, January 17, 2011

Best Job Ever

When we first found out we were pregnant we didn't have a plan for where the new baby would stay during the day. I was still in school and had no clue what the future looked like for me. A new opportunity came up and I was offered a full time job. I was excited to get back in the working world and felt everything fell into place. When I went into labor 5 weeks early and meet this sweet little girl I started to panic. I couldn't imagine anyone keeping her, but me. I went back to work after staying home for two months. Our original plan of daycare fell through and God provided. Thankfully, Madeline was in a home by herself and I felt better about the situation. The closer it got to putting her into daycare we kept hitting a standstill. The daycare didn't have room for her and after much discussion between Mike and I we decided I would quit my new job and take care of our baby. It has been the best decision I have ever made! Although I LOVE missions and working in ministry I knew my heart was with this sweet little girl.
I never imagined myself being a SAHM and sometimes I still can't believe that I am. Sometimes it is hard being away from other adults and not having conversation with any besides a one year old, but I wouldn't trade this time with her for anything.
I have witnessed almost all of her "firsts" and am so grateful that we have made this work for almost a year. Although it wasn't my plan, it was the right Plan!

Plus... who can resist this cute face?

No comments:

Post a Comment